How can we improve DGT GTD?

Create a DGT GTD web app

Toodledo doesn't support unlimited hierarchies, which makes it difficult to use if you have deep hierarchies. I wish I could just use DGT GTD from my computer and pay you a yearly fee instead of syncing with their inferior app.

1,041 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CliffCliff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    dgtaleAdmindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) responded  · 

23rd October 2013
    New survey, please vote your preferred option: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/showpoll.asp?qid=357007&sid=ya1j5d3o02d1flo357007&new=True

4th October 2013
    Your opinion is important, please complete this online survey: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/showpoll.asp?qid=345341&sid=1c080ukntfvqs2m345341&new=True

OLD MESSAGE:
    Who knows Bluestacks? http://bluestacks.com/

I’m sure that DGT GTD on Bluestacks in combination with Dropbox or FTP synchronization will be a good tradeoff.

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RuthRuth commented  · 

How about a version which could intergrate with Mailbird? It's already a desktop app, which syncs with social media, googledocs, todoist, trello... not sure if it would be easier/less work to make a plug-in rather than a whole app, but figured I'd suggest, in case it is. I really enjoy having all these tools in the same place, and being able to easily switch between tasks from the same interface. I find it very user friendly anyway.

• SolkillenSolkillen commented  · 

Make it free to sync between 2 devices. Eg. 1 smartphone and 1 computer. And make it cost to sync between more than 2 devices. That would make the system available to both professional users and layman users.

• tracietracie commented  · 

You do not seem to have replied to this since 2013 so I am hoping you may now be in a position to consider this? There is nothing on the market that compares to this app, it would be absolutely fantastic as a PC version, please consider this, I am by no means a developer so I do not know the implications of this but I do know I would be willing to pay for this, here's hoping.....

• aslam karachiwalaaslam karachiwala commented  · 

I'd pay a premium if DGT GTD apps were released under a GPL license (FLOSS) -- an acceptable web option would be to sync with and existing full/true GTD web app that is also FLOSS.

• Steve DuckettSteve Duckett commented  · 

It would be helpful if the software was available on my Mac. Either as an app (I also have an iPad). Or available at a web site.
        Even with a samsung S5, I yearn for a larger screen display. i.e. iPad or mac etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can I also put a call in for a PC link. The app is brilliant, but I can't be doing with running two different apps - one on my work PC and another on my phone - where I have to enter/adjust/delete "To Dos" twice. This could be a major winner.

• John NimrodJohn Nimrod commented  · 

I favour an app which is self contained and not reliant on internet connection. A stand alone program or PC based browser app that synced with DTG Android would be my choice. Needs to not detract from the lead position of the Android app. So highly desirable almost essential but not to detract from the lead position DTG alreadyhas. P.S. would happily pay a small fee around $5 -$7 for latest version if an free version also available but set a year earlier in development or some such differential?

• Georgy IvanovGeorgy Ivanov commented  · 

A possibility to store data on google drive (the same way as, e.g., google keep does) + a chrome extension providing a convenient interface for editing it would be nice

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would not create a web app.
        Many that tried to do both, were going down.

Like Astrid I would focus on your main product, which is the smartphone client, and provide as many sync modules as possible for the already existing webapps that do their job already (rememberthemilk, evernote, toodledo, ...).

I wouldn't risk losing your position.

• DanielDaniel commented  · 

Reconsidered this, a cross-platform app would be better than a web-app. One of the reasons I don't use Evernote is that it's too locked-in. Using drop-box etc as a generic back end is awesome - what is lacking is things like reports etc for getting usable paper lists out of the program. If we could have a PC app that could effectively synch with the same DropBox files the Android app creates, and has a high degree of interoperability (read: flexible/comprehensive import/_export_ options) that would be _PERFECT_ - and you wouldn't have the onerous task of maintaining a web presence ...

• Freek van WettenFreek van Wetten commented  · 

Allow installing/syncing to My own server. I don't want it in the cloud!

• NilsNils commented  · 

I use TaskUnifier on my desktop which is superb and DGT GTD on my phone which is also superb - they both synch with Toodledo. Hierarchies therefore dont synch which is a pity. I dont understand why as all three programs seem to have hierarchies! I would prefer a dedicated DGT GTD Web app that synchs direct with the phone app if possible. I dont like the sound of Bluestacks with its high RAM useage.I continue to look round for a better option but current set up does work. Worth looking into TaskUnifier.

• Lucas Abido FigueiroLucas Abido Figueiro commented  · 

I think the best option would be a offline Chrome extension.
        This way would be a mix of web app and desktop app.

• GeneGene commented  · 

I work in an area where my phone isn't allowed inside. A web app would be fantastic, since I'm lost without DGT GTD :(

Great app and thanks for all of your hard work on it.

• IvanIvan commented  · 

Hi!
        I tried to use Bluestacks+Dropbox synchronization on my PC. It's not comfortable for 3 reasons:
        1. Bluestacks has problems when you try to work in multilanguage system, i.e. bluestacks doesn't know standart keyboard combinations to swich between languages
        2. I can't copy\paste text from PC applications into bluestacks
        3. Bluestacks requiries a lot of system resources (CPU,RAM etc)
        It would be great if you can create web-interface for DGT GTD

• wynellewynelle commented  · 

is there a way to get dgt-gtd to work with iqtell? Dgt-Gtd seems to be the perfect android app and iqtell is the most promising pc based program I've found in years. I don't like their android app at all though.

I see each of you as "best in class" but each opposite platform is sorely lacking. In a perfect world I would hear wedding bells for iqtell & dgt-gtd. ;-)

• williswillis commented  · 

Could you please provide a rough estimate that when PC version will be available?
        Thanks a lot.

• LupeLupe commented  · 

I love GTD on my phone. I am forcing myself to use Wunderlust 2 because its on my Mac and Android phone. As soon as Mac version of GTD is available I will sure to get it. The mobile version is awesome

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base