How can we improve DGT GTD?

Smart synchronization

I'm trying to come up with but efficient but not wasteful sync
scheme. I want to have my toodledo and DGT to be as close as possible,
but do not want to set 15' sync to conserve mobile traffic. Is it
possible to make some 'on demand' sync mode, when the data is pushed
to toodledo quite soon (say, 5 mins) if it is changed locally, but
otherwise syncs are rare (say, 6 hours)?..

Different and probably more difficult question is how to pull fresh things from toodledo as they appear there.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pavel Sutyrin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think syncing every x minutes is what this issue is about. It's a request for a smarter mode, where syncing happens when, and only when, you make changes. As Pavel points out in the suggestion, it's much easier for DGT to take action when it saves something, harder for it to know when to pull changes from toodledo. Maybe there could be a separate checkbox to automatically send changes when they're made in DGT, and sync then, and the sync interval setting would apply if no auto-save sync had happened after that amount of time.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The auto synch works, but the "last synched" does not update correctly. But, it is happening.

I've seen an option on other apps where local changes are synched immediately (or as part of closing the app).

• Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you noticed in the "Utilities" screen you see the last Manual synch date.
    In order to see the last Automatic synch date you have to enter in "Sync service" screen.

• Gideon Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't find that the auto sync, every x minutes, worked at all... did anyone

when i go to the sync screen, it shows last updated of the last time I manually updated

I don't think my tasks were actually synced but the every x minutes update and of course the last updated screen doesnt reflect that either

Feedback and Knowledge Base