How can we improve DGT GTD?

Define custom views

Create permanent views from a set of filtered items or searches. For example, be able to create a view for Next Actions in a Work context due Today, and let the user give it a name.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Joyner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How soon will the beta version be realeased. Is it already being tested?

• Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Volker,
        unfortunately DGT GTD alpha can't fulfill your need, the good thing is that the beta version (which is under development) has this feature already implemented.
        Drop me an email: dgtale@hotmail.com, I'll give you more details about the beta version.
        dg

PS: the beta version is not yet published in the Play Store because it's not yet ready for production.

• Volker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I urgently need the possibility to display only projects in a certain folder. This could be done by the requested feature. Does anybody know a workaround to do that now? (Besides the brute force method to add another context "Project", of course).

• dgl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me its a very important functionnality to ease any review process

for instance : i want to check if i have a project or goal without any active task

Just an FYI for anyone who runs into this and is interested in a work around. If you set up llama to do a custom event this is totally possible now. You pick the home-screen custom shortcut name and and set it up as a custom event through the lamma widget which is a shortcut to any event you create in llama.

For example I have a defined my custom link on my home screen like this...

Preset: Custom android intent
        Intent‑send‑mode: Start activity
        Action: com.dg.gtd.LOCATOR_FILTER
        Categories: gtd.APP <<<I only wanted it to be a shortcut to the APP not control the widget>>>
        Data: filter://?context=@home, OW Anywhere, OW HP/VIAO Computer, OW Online Computer, OW Phone Calls, OW Phone, OW Pen and Paper, OW Online Mobile&status=Next action

Documentation on how to set up DGT with llama... http://www.dgtale.ch/mediawiki/index.php?title=How_to_create_a_Llama_activity_for_DGT_GTD

Link to Google Play Store Llama App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama

I would really like to see this.happen! I use.complex sets of contexts and need a fast filter with more detail than widget provides!

• Adam B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only feature that keeps it from exceeding Ultimate ToDo List as the best!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An example view:
        show only...
        * Tasks due in the next 3 days OR have a start date in the next 3 days
        * are not a -1 priority
        * are not tagged with "template"

Feedback and Knowledge Base