How can we improve DGT GTD?

Define custom views

Create permanent views from a set of filtered items or searches. For example, be able to create a view for Next Actions in a Work context due Today, and let the user give it a name.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Joyner shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Will commented  · 

How soon will the beta version be realeased. Is it already being tested?

• Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) commented  · 

Hi Volker,
        unfortunately DGT GTD alpha can't fulfill your need, the good thing is that the beta version (which is under development) has this feature already implemented.
        Drop me an email: dgtale@hotmail.com, I'll give you more details about the beta version.
        dg

PS: the beta version is not yet published in the Play Store because it's not yet ready for production.

• Volker commented  · 

I urgently need the possibility to display only projects in a certain folder. This could be done by the requested feature. Does anybody know a workaround to do that now? (Besides the brute force method to add another context "Project", of course).

• Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) commented  · 

This feature is going to be implemented in the beta version (the alpha version wont be enhanced further).

• dgl commented  · 

For me its a very important functionnality to ease any review process

for instance : i want to check if i have a project or goal without any active task

• Will commented  · 

Just an FYI for anyone who runs into this and is interested in a work around. If you set up llama to do a custom event this is totally possible now. You pick the home-screen custom shortcut name and and set it up as a custom event through the lamma widget which is a shortcut to any event you create in llama.

For example I have a defined my custom link on my home screen like this...

Preset: Custom android intent
        Intent‑send‑mode: Start activity
        Action: com.dg.gtd.LOCATOR_FILTER
        Categories: gtd.APP <<<I only wanted it to be a shortcut to the APP not control the widget>>>
        Data: filter://?context=@home, OW Anywhere, OW HP/VIAO Computer, OW Online Computer, OW Phone Calls, OW Phone, OW Pen and Paper, OW Online Mobile&status=Next action

Documentation on how to set up DGT with llama... http://www.dgtale.ch/mediawiki/index.php?title=How_to_create_a_Llama_activity_for_DGT_GTD

Link to Google Play Store Llama App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama

• Will commented  · 

I would really like to see this.happen! I use.complex sets of contexts and need a fast filter with more detail than widget provides!

• Adam B commented  · 

This is the only feature that keeps it from exceeding Ultimate ToDo List as the best!

• Peter commented  · 

An example view:
        show only...
        * Tasks due in the next 3 days OR have a start date in the next 3 days
        * are not a -1 priority
        * are not tagged with "template"

Feedback and Knowledge Base