How can we improve DGT GTD?

(Multiple) Attachments in Tasks (e.g pics, documents, ...)

374 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) responded  · 

Android is a platform that promotes the interaction among the applications; it means that you can reuse a feature from another app rather than implement the same feature from scratch (reinventing the wheel).

I’d suggest to install SpringPad that allows you to save photos, videos, audio recordings, … and share those contents with other apps.
    Actually you can copy the SpringPad generated link and store in the DGT GTD task as a note.
    By tapping the link you will access the content in SpringPad.

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Would add so much power to this app... Please!

• Den Serp commented  · 

The problem is that using Spring Pad we can not attach file types like Word, Excel, rar etc. Also You can see only a link but not a photo in a task.
        Such feature presents in checkmark, and is very convinient. Using additional apps takes more time that in bussiness as You know cost money! (In this case in checkmark I also have some problems, there is no button to create a photo or a voice note, but have only attach button from gallery or sd card.

Would be very greatfull if You rethink about possibility of implementation these features.

• Admindgtale (Admin, DGT GTD) commented  · 

Evernote should implement the feature that Springpad has in its app.
        You can share a note via a http URL (eg: http://spring.me/abcd...) with other app in your phone. By clicking the link the app recognize the url and Springpad is launched.

You could submit the request to the Evernote team to do the same in the Android platform.

You can paste the URL as it this (without the <a> tag). It's clicable only when you exit the note edit screen.

• Markus Perndorfer commented  · 

How do links in notes work? I tried linking to an Evernote-Note in the Note of the Task with an <a>-Tag, It' rendered just fine, but not clickable.

The experimental html-Feature is activated, am I missing something?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be really great. My old palm agendus app had the ability to do a drawing, take a photo, record a voice memo and attach files and contacts to tasks. It was available right in the task and it was awesome. This feature caused me to hang on to my treo for many years after it was obsolete.

Going to a different app is not the same at all.

• lebaux commented  · 

I have tried the combo with springpad and it is freakin TERRIBLE! I need to snap a photo and create a task really fast, juggling with two apps is just not working. It would be better to implement it directly into DGT GTD. Please dude.

• thor604 commented  · 

Would love to be able to just share a photo or file straight to dgt rather than the work around dgtale suggested. The ability to one click take a pic and have it attatched to a to todo in the inbox is a big part of a gtd system IMO.

Android is a platform that promotes the interaction among the applications; it means that you can reuse a feature from another app rather than implement the same feature from scratch (reinventing the wheel).

I'd suggest to install SpringPad that allows you to save photos, videos, audio recordings, ... and share those contents with other apps.
        Actually you can copy the SpringPad generated link and store in the DGT GTD task as a note.
        By tapping the link you will access the content in SpringPad.

• WB commented  · 

I share the same sentiment as Jens.

I use DGT GTD (along with Toodledo) for personal task managements, but use Astrid for team task managements at work. Although Toodledo's functionality is a bit more sophisticated, Astrid's collaboration, discussion (comments) and file attachment function are really easy to use and robust.

DGT DTD's developer needs to watch out. Astrid cannot sync with Toodledo yet but it's definitely on their roadmap. When they roll it out, it will be a serious competition against DGT GTD, I think.

• Jens Nielsen commented  · 

10 Euro donation when this is implemented and can sync with Toodledo Pro.

• Rome commented  · 

guess I just made a similar post about voice memos with playback speed option like a voice recorder would be awesome for me!!

• Bill McLachlan commented  · 

this will certainly be a significant improvement from the standpoint that it will allow us to attach e-mails and other items that pertain to tasks. However, it certainly would be also helpful if the attachments be synchronized with Toodledo.

• Jusuf commented  · 

All my votes go to this one. If you pay for toodledo you should sync as well.

• Alex commented  · 

Yes I miss this feature coming from Omnifocus(iPhone App).
        It's an easy one, which is great to have.
        Also a sound recording would be benefitial to me.

That this will not synch with Toodledo is a downside, but rather that than not having it at all.

• john cesta commented  · 

Good idea. Yes with the instant availability of phones tablets cameras makes sense to just click a pic

• osman commented  · 

This is the only missing part of the application

• john c commented  · 

Great idea At least take and save pictures

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base