or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lucas Abido Figueiro commented  · 

gtd.REMINDER would be perfect. So we can trigger notifications directly within Tasker/Llama.

Or a way to get tasks and contetxts from Tasker and make it create the notification. This would be great to make Tasker send the notification to other apps. Personally I would send notifications to my Pebble smartwatch.

• Anonymous commented  · 

To Fran/Konrad:
        Come on! It's better to have it done via a dedicated, optimized and highly flexible automation app, such as Llama, than have a couple of rigid in-app options. It's faster & easier to implement, and more flexible to use.
        Here's an example: I've tried both GPS & cell towers as location source, but neither of them is optimal for me. For me the best criterion for being "at home" or "at work" is presence of my home WiFi network or my company's WiFi network respectively. Also, being "in car" can be detected by active connection with my Bluetooth headset, which I use only when driving. Llama can detect it and make certain actions based on that, but I can't imagine how much efforts it would require to implement the same in DGT GTD.

To dgtale:
        My suggestion is very simple and very easy to implement: to extend the 3 categories that can be passed to Llama with a 4th category "gtd.REMINDER", which would cause DGT GTD to immediately fire reminders for all filtered tasks upon receiving of an intent with such category from Llama. Nothing less, nothing more.

With such approach it'll be possible to implement not only time-specific or location-specific scenarios, but also more complex interactions, a true "kairos" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kairos).

• Fran O'Reilly commented  · 

Location based contexts/reminders needs to be properly handled in-app. Using Llama or Tasker to achieve this is a poor user experience and few will bother seriously filtering by location in this way. It's a clunky workaround. I'd strongly suggest instead giving the user within the app a way to optionally define a location and radius within which the context becomes active.

• Sinan Özışık commented  · 

i can not find a way to trigger a reminder with llama

in my opinion
        1.toodledo location feature should be supported
        2.reminder depending on the location should be added

• samy commented  · 

This Llama-Stuff ist not good! Please make this in app! Or at least support also tasker!!!

• Gerry commented  · 

If and when you do this, don't make it so that DGT GTD doesn't work anymore on a device that does not have GPS capabilities

• Luke Scrivener commented  · 

There is a use case where the location of the task doesn't match its context, and its when I want to run @errands after work, or after leaving home. The task would have a context @errands but I might want to be reminded of it based on certain rules (when arriving to Walmart, or when on the city center before the shops close).

• Tim Weber commented  · 

Planned? I'm *so* going to keep using this!

• J A commented  · 

I like the suggestion below about associating locations to contexts like '@home' and '@work'.. I would also like to request more specific location reminders at the task level for projects and list items on lists. Obviously sometimes adding locations are a one time only location, and other times they are frequent locations, so adding a one time location will be easy hopefully (you have a gift at creating great UI!, (locale's implementation of being able to set the radius of each location is really awesome). Another program also had a neat feature to recognize places with multiple locations, so typing in the name of a store or set reminders for all the locations with that name, I think it may have been action complete. I'm looking forward to your 'Power Pack'!!!!

• DaiD commented  · 

Sounds like a good idea. However as soon as that is implemented you will have many users who would be unhappy about being tracks. I know I hate apps that do that in their own.
        That being said. To be able to download a completely separate attachment or components to the app. So that then when someone downloads it would be used.
        That would us all much grief.

• Andrew Kornilov commented  · 

One more suggestion: make it with a 'default' location on the mind. For example, i have lots of personal tasks when i'm neither at home nor at work. Usually i drive my car so i have a context @car.

That would be really nice if there was at least one 'default' location field, so when i'm neither at home nor at work (this is could be easily detected by GPS receiver) this context is chosen.

Thank you.

• Heechee commented  · 

It should be configurable whether the cell network or GPS is used for locating the user.

• blackdaemon commented  · 

How I imagine it:

Say you have a list of locations (home, work, etc...) with GSM-cells/GPS mapped to them. And you can assign the context(s) to a location(s).

Then, I can imagine 3 scenarios:
        1. You can use filter "show only contexts for current location" or something like that.
        Example: At the time I arrive at home, I want to see only @home items in the hotlist (in case I have set up the filter like that).
        2. The context is set to the current location's assigned context when you add new task
        3. All reminders on tasks that have context with location assigned are only "reminded" at the correct location (I don't want to see @home reminders when my current location is clearly @work)

• Heechee commented  · 

Reading this suggestion again, I am not sure what is meant with "GPS locations reminder"
        I was thinking that the context is automatically set (set context to "auto" or something similar) depending on where you are (by cell network location info or GPS).
        Or did the original poster mean a popup reminder when you are in a certain location?
        We should specify this request more in detail.

• Wen Shin Too commented  · 

Something similar to the "locale plugin" for Astrid would be great, especially for people with Locale or Tasker (which enables location by mobile network only or also using gps).

• blackdaemon commented  · 

Please see the "Locale Cell plugin", it's good example of very simple and user-friendly implementation of the mobile-network location awareness.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base