General

1. Default values for new tasks

I would be nice be able to define default values for selected fields, to be used when creating new tasks. For example default folder.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync button in all menus

I propose a (manual) sync button in all menus, not only in one. So I have not to click several times to execute a manual sync after a change in my tasks.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create quick task from email

I used to use a Blackberry application that would allow me to add an email as a task directly from within the email client. It was very convenient. Quite often I would want to follow up on an email. From within the email, if I could select 'add to DGT' or similar and then the subject and/or optionally the sender name would pre-populate the task name (and maybe the body copied to the notes field), that would be very cool.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I suggest to install the following alternative email cient. “K-9 Mail”. It allows you to use the “Share” functionality and, therefore, add a task in DGT GTD. Let me know if that helps you.

4. End dates for repeating tasks and Option to "pop-up" certain reminders/tasks

Love your app --- ditching Astrid as this app is far superior. Two suggestions at this time On repeating tasks, allow an end date, or a certain number of "repeats". For example, I have a bill for $1,000. $250 a month is due on the 5th of each month for 4 months. I set up a repeating task beginning February 5th to repeat every month but I do not see a way to tell the app to stop repeating after I make the May 5th payment.

Suggestion 2: Make it an option to "pop-up" a task on the screen (like…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. move entries between notes and folders

It would be very handy to have the possibility to move entries which are already in a DGT GTD folder to notes and vice versa. I have lot of entries which are not really todos and they clutter up my folders. A simple way to move them to notes would help a lot. And vice versa to move them back one day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve support for "optional" tasks

Tasks that use the "Optionally on:" modifier often get duplicated after some time and some (unknown) conditions.

I have a daily optional task that gets regularly duplicated (once, twice or more times) over a one week interval...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make daily reminder about my current today's tasks

Most of the time I am forgetting to watch my tasks for today. Instead of doing a reminder on each task I wanna set a check on option "Remind daily about tasks" which will allow me to see "There is no tasks for today :)" or "Today you have 3 tasks. Show..."

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make "Inbox" adds stay in Inbox

When I have a context active to filter down tasks, when I add new items to the Inbox (ex: via sharing or directly) it automatically gets added to the context (which I may or may now want).. but worse is that it doesn't stay in the Inbox.

Perhaps adds/quick-adds in the Inbox need to ignore set context/etc and only adds in other areas would do this... especially since the context filter doesn't even apply to the Inbox.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Thomas for reporting this issue.

I agree that there is an inconsistent behaviour, but the point to be clarify is about “What’s wrong?”:

option 1: the active filter should filter the inbox list result
    option 2: new tasks added from the iinbox list should ignore the active filter in terms of default values

You are suggesting to go for option 2 but I’m not sure it’s the most appropriate.

Could you please motivate your choice and try to convince me?

9. Strike Out Completed, Clear All,

Sorry if any of this is repetitive from others. I did not get a chance to look through everyone else's suggestions yet.

I spent a long time looking for a good checklist app and this appears to be one of the best out there right now, for me, but there are things that bother me about this app that I'm finding hard to get over.

1. No "clear all" for checklists. That makes reusing checklists annoying because one has to uncheck everything one by one. I am quite surprised that so many developers overlook this simple feature and it has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Number of times that the task should be repeated

Hi, thank you for this excellent product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. the widget doesn't update when comple a task

hi, i am using ics7.0, the widget doesn't update when i finish a task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You should:
    1. remove the widgets
    2. reboot
    3. add them again

I guess they (or some of them) have been added some time back with an older (and probably bugged) version of DGT GTD.

Let me know if the update issue will happen again in future.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base